Saturday 18 December 2010

Day Eighteen: Janine Hamilton


J-Bird:

My soul sister! I feel like it truly was fate that you applied for a volunteer role when you did! I cannot imagine having went to America with anyone other than you now! You are one of the most amazing people I know and such a treat to work with!

I was so aprehensive before meeting you because I had no idea what to expect, especially because I know the intensity of the programme we would be involved with. Instantly though I knew we get on just fine, I don't know if it was the accessories or the ease with which we were able to chat... I just knew.

However, I had no clue just how much we would have in common and how much support we would get from one another. It took me by surprise just how well we got on and, like I said, I just can't imagine having had to share that experience with anyone else.

I have told you this so many times before but the sake of you hearing it once again, I think you are a brilliant Youth Worker, you have many strengths that I wish I had! You connect with the young people in such an effortless and caring manner that it never seems forced and never seems like you have to. Your compassion and your empathy are two of your other key strengths. The way you allowed yourself to be emotional and open to the experiences of the group is very moving and lovely to watch.

Thank you for everything bird, both in America and here. Our chats, the hugs and the 'debriefs' were the only thing that kept me from going to bits in the USA! You are one of the most wonderful people I have had the fortune of coming into contact with and as cheesy as it may sound, I hope we will be FF ;)

Love, Junior Mints, debriefs, Holister spray, airport serenading and hugs xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment