Wednesday 15 December 2010

Day Fifteen: Staff at the YMCA


I am absolutely blessed to get up everyday and come to work in a place like the Belfast YMCA. Yes, I do love the work I do and I enjoy the groups I work with- but the biggest strength of the Y is the people who work within it, by a country mile ;). I have never felt so supported and cared for as I have whilst working here and the compassion for each member of staff is just awe-inspiring. I feel it is everything a workplace should be.

Geraldine:
You are quite possibly the loveliest, most caring 'co-worker with authority' that I have ever encountered. Your care for those you work with is unrivalled and it shines through in every interaction. I remember you stopping your car as we were driving out one day just to sya hello to one of the daycare workers who was having a hard time. That level of compassion is so rarely seen in anyone in authority. You have been so understanding and warm over these past tough months and for that I will always be grateful, many other 'co-workers with authority' would have been less flexible in the circumstances. I hope you always know how much I appreciate your support, and your friendship. It's not often one can say that about their 'co-worker with authority' ;)

Kathy, Diane and Aly:
You three are three of the nicest and most genuine ladies I have ever met! Just like Geraldine, your support has been absolutely invaluable to me over these past few months. Just knowing that you are there to pop in to and have a wee bitch, or a moan or even a wee cry... Well, it means more than you can ever know. You are the model of what a supportive, Christian organisation should be. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Howard:
Your knowledge and unending answers relating to anything as diverse as technologicial advances in printer ink to the supportive nature of Croc shoes always fascinates me. Thank you for your general expertise and for the way that you always have some interesting angle on whatever debate we appear to be having at coffee time!

There are so many other members of the Y team that I feel have made my working experience here my most positive employment to date, but unfortunately they have moved on to pastures new. One of which was mentioned in an early advent calendar- Brian. Also notable mentions to Ziad (the gentleman of the Y) and Debs (who will always be my shopping/gossiping buddy).

I am so very blessed in being able to do the work I do, but even moreso due to the people I get to interact with in this office everyday.

Merry Christmas guys, here is to a productive and properous New Year in 2011.

Love, cups of earl grey, Christmas half hours and health and safety issues ;) xxx

1 comment:

  1. To the lovely Sian,

    Those are very genuine, caring, loving and funny words - the best Christmas present anyone could ask for. The gift of giving a little bit of yourself is truly beautiful and I thank you for my gift. You too are a very generous, compassionate, fun loving person this shines from the top of your nut brown hair to the toes of your beautifully tatooed feet! Have a most wonderful Christmas and may all your dreams or at least some of them - the real good ones come true in 2011. Geraldine

    ReplyDelete