Sunday 19 December 2010

Day Nineteen: Marie Adams


Marie:

Any friend of mine knows you as my 'second mummy' and that is probably as apt a description as one can muster. You have known me the longest, bar Mum and Dad of anyone I am really close to and have always been the most amazing source of care, compassion and support.

You may not think it but you are one of the most amazingly strong people I know. I realise that there are times that you don't believe it of yourself, but you are. You have dealt with the blows life has dealt you with dignity, courage and hope. That is one of your best features. You take things in your stride.

You are possibly one of my most formative role models, aside from my mum, you are the most important female figure in my life. You have always taught me to see the other side of the story, to regain perspective and to always, always believe in myself. I can't tell you how much you mean to me, because there are simply not enough words in the English language to adequately define the depth of love there.

As I have grown up you have always been the one to fight my corner with mum when I was a messed up teenager, and simalarly you were always the one to fight mum's corner when I was a petulant teenager! Always the go-between and the peace-keeper, your role has been instrumental in the relationship I have with mum now. I hope when I am your age that I have a best friend like you that (if I have any) my daughters can call to for support.

Thank you for everything you have done for me and thank you for everything you are. (In case you don't know, everything you are is a little bit wonderful!!)

All the love in the world, babby toothy smiles, ballyclare high knickers, red wine, the best cooking and drunken ramblings xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment