Thursday 9 December 2010

Day Nine: Gemma Wilson


Gems:

Brought together by a certain Northern Irish band's forum and bonded over a mutual love of rugby men, music, gossiping and now- knitting!

It may seem to others quite weird that you can be so close to someone and only have met the a handful of times. Not to me. The amount of time we spent chatting on msn and on skype when you were on your placement and then subsequently when you got back would be the equivalent to a lifelong friendship in the 'real' world.

You have always been such a support to me, even if we haven't talked in months. I am so glad that have reconnected of late and your thoughtfulness is a trait that is genuine and wonderful! I will never forget my birthday present of the DVDs landing on my doormat just because I had never watched Bill Bailey before...or recently, the wool buying. Just two tiny examples of how thoughtful and kind you are.

I know that this time of the year is tough for you Gems, but please know that you have lots of people (especially online) who care about you and will be there to support you when you need them. We heart you, I heart you- for a reason!

You are always willing to go that one step further for people, to put yourself out to accomodate them. So generous, quick to help and always giving of your time to listen. There were many nights a few years ago when I couldn't have coped without your support and your encouragement and lately, those little texts and tweets make me smile, that's what life is about. I am just remembering that night in Manchester in the crappy snow and the random hostel! Those were great days, such a laugh we had!!

Thank you for being you Gems, don't ever doubt your wonderfulness.

Love, yarn, tea, rugby drool and gossips. xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment