Sunday 5 December 2010

Day Five: Bap


Bap:

We met in a field up a mountain, drawn together by the debate over the use of the word wab versus geck and such a friendship has blossomed ever since!! :)

Bap, you are one of the most kind hearted people I have ever met! From the minute we started chatting up yon mountain in Draperstown I realised. You told me then that we'd be muckers for life, whether I liked it or not- and boy, am I seeing that!

You are my go to man for information up that side of the country, you know everything and everyone- and what you don't know, you find out! Whether it be me ringing you at 3am trying to find a petrol station in Derry for me and the Panama Kings or ringing you about a bus that left me stranded with 19 youngsters... I know you will help me out!

I am constantly overwhelmed by your compassion and willingness to help! You have no clue what it means to know I have someone like you to help me out when I most need it.

Aside from all the practical help you offer and give, you are an amazing drinking buddy!!! Admittedly, you could drink me under the table with absolute ease- but even so!! I love how your friends (namely Stan, Tina, Marty and Jay etc) all took me at face value and had the absolute craic. I have never had a more fun summer than the one I spent in Derry on the weekends! :) On top of all the drunken boozey times, I loved our random conversations about the universe and all that it contains...You have such a questioning mind and one that never seems to switch off!

Anyway, thank you for your ongoing support, and being a font of all knowledge!

Love, buckfast, fairies, whimsical ramblings and more. x

No comments:

Post a Comment