Monday 13 December 2010

Day Thirteen: Davy Matchett


Davy:

I remember the first time we ever met- outside Auntie Annies for a John D'Arcy gig that I no-one to go with and you offered to be my gig buddy for the evening! I don't even think I knew what you looked like then! And since then there have been countless gigs and a multitude of musical delights shared!

You are one of few people whose taste in music I always trust, you just seem to have a knack for liking bands I really like so when you offer me mix CDs, I always get excited! Thank you for introducing me to many a great tune and well, we all know about my well documented love for a certain Northern Irish band!

Thank you for always having a smile on your face when you see me and a hug for me. Whether we be sober or inebriated, passing ships or drinking together. You always make the time for a quick catch up and check in and it is such a lovely quality. I also love the wise cracks, that seem to come from absolutely nowhere but can have me in wrinkles.

I am so very proud and inspired by the big step you took professionally this year. It takes so much courage to just go for it and I commend you, wholeheartedly for giving it your best shot. I hope and pray you have every bit of success in this venture as you deserve!

Thank you for the music (not the Abba tune, mind) for the chats, for the hugs, for the giggles and for the offer of an iPod ;)

Love, sleep-filled festivals, tinnitus and musical memories... xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment