Saturday 4 December 2010

Day Four: Cathal McNaughton


Cathal:

Cathal is one of my favourite uncles (I am using the term 'one of' in case any of my other uncles read this!)

I remember being younger and terrified of Cathal when we came into his house to visit, and then in my late teens I quickly came to realise just how great a person he really is. I am constantly encouraged by his faith in me- no matter what direction my life takes I know that I can count on my Uncle Cathal to support me and believe in my ability.

There were only two people aside from my parents I wanted to watch me cross the stage when I graduated and Cathal was one of them and his presence there was something that added to the pride I felt that day.

Cathal, even though I don't see you as often I could, or would like to, I know that your support is unwavering and unconditional. For that I will always thank you. There is nothing like the feeling of knowing you have a family member such as you who has your back.

Not only that, you are one of the most skilled and creative people I know- you can turn your hand (literally) to anything and be brilliant. Your eye for a photo and your hand for creating the most amazing pieces of art with wood is awe-inspiring.

Thank you for your love and support, today, tomorrow and always.

Love, frogs and snowy walks up the mountain xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment