Friday 3 December 2010

Day Three: Brian Moore


Brian:

Wait til you hear this for a laugh......HAHA!

Really, should have waited and put you further down the list because this will be a bigun to write! I know I mentioned it briefly on Monday to you, but I wanted to reitterate just how much I look up to you as a co-worker. Your experience and ease with which you work with groups is inspiring. You make youth work look easy - and it isn't!!

I still remember the moment I realised that the Brian everyone in Belfast had been talking about was the Brian who introduced me to new music and told me how to keep warm in that icebox of Carrick! Small worlds, indeed.

Working alongside you was an absolute pleasure and I learned so much from watching you interact and how you made activities relevant and meaningful. Your ability to draw learning from each situation for the young person is one of your strongest attrubutes as a worker.

Aside from the work stuff... you are one of the most genuine people I know, such a deep thinker and a great friend. Even when you threw things at me, teased me, made jokes I didn't get and flashed your belly to put me off my phonecalls!!

Thank you for being an inspiration and for being a friend... and for being the least funny person I know ;). Just thanks.

Love, coffee, milk duds, mumford and macs x

No comments:

Post a Comment